torsdag den 12. maj 2011

The Chemistry of Dreams

Currently I'm working on a project I have called The Chemistry of Dreams. I've always had a lot of stories of varying length going all the time but they were more single ideas that begged to be written into a short story. The longest story I've written was very influenced by fantasy and was a pile of garbage. My friend cheerfully rated it FG for fantasy garbage. I'll agree to that, it was one sided, predictable and dragged down by cliché. This changed when I watched the movie Black Swan. I was fascinated by the insanity the characters went through, the blurred line between reality and imagination. When leaving the cinema with my friends I felt inspired. Not to write a story of similar style, but to write a story of similar caliber. I felt driven to go home, sit down and construct a story which would not be simple, straightforward and predictable but would rather be intelligent, interesting and include a brilliant twist. Thus I gave birth to my brainchild.
 I have always dreamed a lot and I often remember my dreams in great detail. I write these down because of the escape they can provide from regular writing. The pleasure of recording ones dreams lies in the complete lack of logic present in them. Things don't necessarily have to make sense and things don't have to work out. It's a world unlike any other and often a world that could not have been imagined outside of sleep.
 I used my dreams as the basic material for my story, taking the various parts and combining them to fit into the larger context of the work. The process was immensely enjoyable I felt as much surprised by the road the story took as those who read it.
 I hope to begin posting parts of the story, perhaps putting some ideas out there and hopefully receiving a bit of help and feedback to improve it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar